Saturday, July 3, 2010

Noosa Festival

This year I went to the Noosa festival to compete in the u/15's. The week before the festival the swell had crept up to a solid 4-5ft. This larger than normal swell size was due to two cyclones off the coast Queensland. When it was my turn to surf my heat I was just stoked to be out there catching almost perfect 4 foot peelers all the way through main beach with only five other people out.

In my semi-finals it was low tide and barreling really heavily. It was also fairly windy and i could not hear what scores were being called out. This meant that I decided to sit out wide in the last five minutes and go for a bigger set. I caught the bomb of the set and then realised that it was about to close out, so I jumped of the back but my board didn't make it and came down in the close out and snapped. Luckily Jamie from Global Surf Industries got me a deal on a new board for the finals.


Although I snapped my board, I still made it to the finals and got the hardware. Keen for next festival

5 comments:

  1. Hey Hugh
    Nice blog
    Cool wave
    Great hardware
    Madigascar

    ReplyDelete
  2. smooth stylin Hugh, great crew to surf with too, pity about the snapped board! JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. the planning for the 2011 Noosa festival is now up and running see http://noosafestivalofsurfing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys,
    Yeah cool hopefully we get some sick waves next year.
    Cheers for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the head up. You're all signed up for 2011! yew, Dan

    ReplyDelete